Saturday, June 1, 2013

Para hacer la lista ( TO DO LIST)



Do you Realize its JUNE already ( Half the year is over). DON'T  PANIC( take deep breaths..yes, you are doing good ).
On the brighter side we still have 7 more beautiful months ( And its going to be a season full of holidays and weddings, isn't it??)

Like most of us I made  a Checklist of things I wanted to do  in  year 2013 which goes to the good looking  dustbin every year  within 24 hours of getting drafted. So what if  the dustbin enjoyed company of my beautifully handwritten checklist I still managed to do few things from the list.

How many did u do???? Oh wait, do you even have a checklist???  Not that its compulsory , its a feel good  thing ( at least  for me) , you are not a Robot or a Zombie  if you didn't make one , its just a matter of choice. Please don't stop reading this post :( You might feel like making one by the end of this post or otherwise you can always comment what is "wrong with her" ):

Well my checklist was longgggggggggggg ( its the thumb rule plus few "to do things" got carried forward from all the years of making a checklist and gifting it to the dustbin ) so that I can choose freely . It got 10 things that I wanted to do in 12 months ,considering the fact I have a full time job and I have to go n visit my parents twice every year the list was unrealistic ( But do you see the level of optimism?? do u???).  I ll share few things I have done already and which were indeed  part of that checklist.

1. Visit Goa/ Ladkah/ Andaman ( I visited Goa in February )

2. Start Volunteering Actively ( I even interviewed for one NGO  for a year long commitment but guess they didn't like me)

3. Start Socializing ( This one is little absurd , but I have literally locked myself in  the 10 boundaries of my flat and limited myself to my flatmates in the year  of 2012 ( please don't question me on the reasons),     it was a HIGH priority!!

4. Run a Marathon ( Its been there on the list for more than a decade )

5. Start writing a BLOG ( that never was on the list!!!!)

So yes I did some proud to the otherwise crumpled checklist of mine in past  5 months and Plan to do it yet again in the coming 7 months. Don't sweat if you couldn't do anything from your  checklist , there can be many reasons like:

1. You were not in the right mindset/ went through a Breakup/ Lost your pet
2. You didn't have time as you spend 18 hours in Office ( By choice or compulsion)
3. You just got married and too busy enjoying the bliss-full few months
4. Your are just Lazy

First 3 reasons accepted  but 4th that's more like an Excuse. You must be at least  23+ ( assuming all the readers are my friends and I don't seem to know anyone younger ( except for few niece and nephews).
Time is just running away , there will never be a  "right time", right moment to do what you always wanted to .If you are studying , you will start working and then marriage and then kids and then you can think on your own.
If there is ever a  " RIGHT TIME " it is " RIGHT NOW ".Don't wait for the right person or the the Right moment ,they are fictitious and part of the games that our mind plays. Even if you don't want to have a checklist just decide on 2 things you want to do by the end of 2013 and do it for  REAL.

You will feel really really good ( thousand times better  compared to what you feel when you receive the message " salary has been credited in you account " or "when you score 99 percentile in CAT" ), there is nothing more comforting then the fact  that you accomplished something you heart has been craving for.

Till then .......Clock is ticking!!!!! Just 7 Months!!!!!

P.S - Don't forget to share few items from your checklist in the comments below:)

9 comments:

  1. To capture a candid shot of urz very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb...Even i will now draft one for my reference ... time is running out afterall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, draft one. though i know what tops your list :)

      Delete
  4. You are always best in whatever you do . Writing was always your forte and you have proved it by writing so well .

    All the best to the worlds most talented girl . So proud of you .

    ReplyDelete

Stuck in Life

 How many times have you felt 'STUCK’, not in the traffic jam or check-in queue kinds, the one with more impact, STUCK IN LIFE?  For man...